Recent burglaries have occurred in the business district of Bedford Stuyvesant neighborhood.
- Consider installing an alarm system throughout your business.
- Access to roof protected
- Roof openings secure
- Sages lighted and in open view
- Cash drawer open to prevent damage
- Locks modern and adequate
- Doors locked and barred
- Windows locked and barred
- Consider installing a CCTV (Closed Circuit TV) system. Position them at all Exit/Entrances and never in direct sunlight
- It should be able to capture a person’s image form head to knee and allow for full facial view
- Position monitor near front door in view of customers entering business
- Exterior lighting should cover the perimeter of your business and should be bright enough to aid the cameras in detecting clear images
- Interior lighting should be bright throughout the entire business.
For further information or assistance in regard to the security of your business, feel free to contact the 79 Precinct Crime Prevention Officer at (718) 636-6626.